How do angels help us?
1. God sends angels to reveal His plan and to make important announcements for Him. This happened to Joseph, the husband of Mary, Mary, and to the shepherds who tended the flocks on the night of Jesus' birth. In all three instances, the angels also calmed their fears as well. (Matt. 1:20-25, Luke 1:26-35, 2: 8-12)
2. Angels guide people to where they need to be so that the gospel may be presented fruitfully at the right time, in the right place, and to the right people. (Acts 8:26)
3. God sometimes sends angels to provide for our physical needs when we are in danger because of our work for Him.
(1 Kings 19:6)
4. Angels protect and deliver people who are in danger because of doing God's will. (Daniel 3:24-28, 6:20-23; Acts 12: 5-10)
5. God sent angels to strengthen and encourage Jesus and the disciples. (Matt. 4:11; Acts 5:19-20, 27:25)
6. God sends angels to act as agents in answering prayers. (Acts 12:1-17)
7. Angels attend the righteous dead and lead them to heaven. (Luke 16:22; Jude 9)
8. An angel is assigned to every child, and these angels are always in the presence of God. (Matt. 18: 10)
What do angels do for us? They reveal and announce God's plan; they guide, protect, provide, deliver, strengthen, and encourage us. They bring about answers to prayers. They attend to the righteous dead. They stand in the presence of God, waiting for His direction in our behalf.